Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 3: Is kanye really a genius?

So I decided to be lazy today and not really explore the depths of the Berlin DJ scene mainly because it looks like this outside.  Rainy and gross



So I took to the interweb for inspiration. Ive found recently that my music has become a little bit sporatic and unorganized. Im constantly looking for stuff to motivate me to finish a track or start a new idea. But I didnt think it would come in the form of a Kanye West interview. To be specific a Kanye interview with Jimmy Kimmel. The interview began with Jimmy apologizing for a skit about Kanye and kanye, being himself, took it head on. He ended up talking about how he hates that people limit themselves by what the media, friends and others expect of them. He pointed to a specific example in which he said people in the fashion industry dont take him seriously but he still pursues an interest in fashion. More specifically he told Jimmy Kimmel that he had brought the idea of leather jogging pants to a designer and they rejected it, but quickly thereafter another designer released, surprise, leather jogging pants. This interview made me think, even though there are obstacles and expectations, letting them overtake your dream is pointless. As Kanye says "You gotta protect your dreams" So in the midst pf inspiration I began a new remix and I guess you'll just have to wait until I post it! I guess well see where it goes from here. I explored a little bit of Kreuzberg ( a cool part of berlin) and finished by eating at a taqueria called Lone Star. Saw some cool little knick knack shops and made my way home. Rainy days can be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment